Saturday, June 11, 2016

no magic, no logic without internet

watching films back to back because I have no internet.
It started with a dying laptop.
I had downloaded Windows 10, and it stopped getting connected to the internet. I managed to log in after several attempts
Everyday became a battle in which my reputation was injured.
Friends on whatsapp hooted at my 'busy' lifestyle.
Curt messages about urgent requirements from people waiting online for my work etched worry lines on my forehead.
Family members were aghast that I no longer 'liked' their posts and pictures or responded to what they had to say on facebook.

And then, the last ten days, I was totally unable to access the net. The service provider would not help or appear or pick our frantic, repeated calls.
All of a sudden, I got connected.
I swear, I am never moving my laptop from this spot,  nor letting it get switched of or ever closing the browser.

No comments: