Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dried tomatoes

Most of the things that i write about in this blog are things I thought of  a long time back. They don't reflect my life or what i do...they don't give the smallest clue to my current reality. It is very difficult for me to treat my blog as a journal. They can be compared to sun dried tomatoes and are tasty titbits...
One of the reasons I dislike writing about the present is the aversion I feel for some blogs that i read, that show the writer to be sane, creative, observant, smart, loving, intuitive, puzzled by the oh so weird others and daring, while he or she would have exposed their crummiest, worm-like and craziest sides to us in real life.
Another reason is my habit of not sharing my private thoughts with anyone. I am not talking about  my numerous opinions that I flaunt around freely for all to hear and see.

But of late I have come across some blogs where men and women document some parts of their lives, not just the picture perfect ones, but their ordinariness and the validity of their being important to themselves, in spite of being ordinary, in such simple and touching ways that I realized that there is a freshness to this approach, which is worth emulating. For instance, I saw a blog where a lady is talking about how she baked a cake after she lost her job. She had posted pictures of the process of cake making and explained how the cake turned out as well as it did.Another lady had put up pictures of some rashes that she was getting on her face and how all kinds of treatments had failed to help her.It was so sad. And of course, there is a student of mine, whose writing appears to be such an instant response to things around him that it prompted me to write this blog.

1 comment:

Mr.Ess said...

sum ppl use blogs to vent their emotions!!i guess...